5 Simple Questions To Test Your Online Reputation
Online reviews from sites like Google, Facebook, Yelp and many others play a vital role in influencing customer purchasing decisions in today’s digital world. If your business’s online reputation is not on point then you risk losing customers to your competitors.
Ask yourself these 5 questions:
1. Do you ask EVERY customer for a review, and ask multiple times if they do not respond?
2. Do you have a process to intercept your unhappy customers before they leave a bad review of your business?
3. Do you have negative online reviews with no owner response?
4. Do you have online reviews as recent as the last 3 months?
5. Are your good reviews streamed on your website and shared on social media?
Did You Pass?
If you answered no to one or more of these questions then you definitely have room to improve your online reputation! According to BrightLocal’s 2016 Review Survey 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for your business if they are asked and 73% of consumers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant. Your online reputation is one of your most powerful assets in your digital marketing arsenal. Fortunately, with the tools available today, it is now easier than ever to take your online reputation by the horns. Each of the 5 questions in our test can easily be addressed with a review management system like the one offered by LeadProPlus.
You Can’t Afford to Ignore it
In recent research going from a 3-star rating to a 5-star rating gets a business 25% more clicks from the Google Local Pack. Essentially, if your business has a 3-star rating on Google you are turning away a 25% increase in traffic to your website! Just look at these statistics from BrighLocal’s research:
- Listings with 5 stars earned 69% of clicks from the local pack
- Listings with 4 stars earned 59% of clicks
- Listings with 3 stars earned 44% of clicks
- Listings with 1 or 2 stars earned less clicks than listings with no stars
What Do You Do Now?
So what do you do? You’re extremely busy as a business owner and don’t have time to sit down and repeatedly email every customer. You also don’t have time to continually check all the sites to monitor your reviews. It does sound like it could be too time consuming to get your online reputation in order, but it doesn’t have to be! You can certainly set up and implement your own Review Management system, but for less than the price of a good cup of coffee a day you can use a software to handle it all for you. There are a number of choices available that will save you an incredible amount of time. Here are a few of our favorites.
- GetFiveStars: A really solid platform complete with all the features you will need. $39.95/month for the limited basic plan and $75/month for the pro plan.
- Birdeye: A fully featured solution but expensive. Last we checked plans started around $200/month
- ReviewProPlus: Of course we are biased but we think our platform is the best available! Fully featured with a great price point. $59/month for the Lite Plan and $79/month for our Premium Plan.
Online reputation management is one of the best “bang-for-your-buck” strategies that you implement right away! Get started!